sábado, 19 de fevereiro de 2011

[Game] Minecraft

Today I'm gonna talk about a game that has been developed by Markus Persson a.k.a. Notch.

This game is diferent from many others because it's totally sandbox, it's has no missions, no quests, no objectives other than survive and making what you want.

The game is made with blocks, some are wood, others are dirt, others air, etc..

If you prefer graphics over gameplay then don't bother reading this, because the game looks like this

For those that are still reading after seing this image my congratulations.

Now for the important part, how you play this game? what can you do?

You play by changing the world at your taste, you wnat to get wood go to a tree and start punching it until it breaks and voilá you get a block of wood. You then can transform this block in wood planks, and this can be transformed in sticks, chests, ladders, fences,etc
You can also make swords, bows, armor, pickaxes for harvesting stone, coal and iron, axes for wood, etc. you can even make paintings xD

Now other important part, you read before that the only objective of the game was surviving...but surviving what exactly??

Well the game has to separated parts, daytime and nighttime, during the day you see only passive animals like cows, pigs and chickens, but when the night arrives (or if you enter some cave where the sun doesn't shine even during the day) you will encounter skeletons, spiders, zombies and more that will try to kill you, and here enters the surviving part. This agressive things only spwan where is dark so for you to be safe in your like wooden house or cave in the mountain you need to create torchs to iluminate your safespace.

For last but not less important the game is still in beta testing, you can buy it now for only 14,95€, when it is released it will cost 20€. You can do this in the official minecraft site http://www.minecraft.net/ .

I have bought this game a while ago (it was still in alpha testing phase so I got it for 9,99€ if I remember correctly) and have played with it a bit but then I stoped a while, now I'm gonna to get back to it and gonna show here in the blog the interesting things I manage to do in it.

If you want to see more of this game I recomend you to go to this blog http://verysquareworld.blogspot.com/ or to see this youtube video (it sort like a tutorial on how to get started) http://www.youtube.com/user/davidr64yt#p/u/0/4bh4EexJO4I 

I personaly have seen most of "X adventures in minecraft" videos and it shows a lot of features of the game so if you are curious about minecraft I would recomend them.


Special thanks to Yomas and Astyu for introducting me to this great game ;)

15 comentários:

  1. hah nice pic ,always love minecraft ^^

    ResponderEliminar
  2. never played this game but alot of my friends do

    ResponderEliminar
  3. never played this game..is kinda getting popular..should i give it a try?

    ResponderEliminar
  4. cool game, i think i'll give it a try if it's available for ubuntu.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I seem to be the only person who hasn't tried this yet, I might have to boot it up and give it a try though that review was damned good. Might get stale with no missions or anything but seems like it would be worth a try regardless.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I've spent many hours plaing Minecraft and I'll admit it - I love it.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. my friends talk about this all the time, i dont see whats the big deal

    ResponderEliminar
  8. ugh need to get this. Everyone talks about how good it is...

    -Zach
    http://www.evanztories.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Wow great blog! Im totally gonna start following you regularly! check out my blog too if youd like!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Spent way too much time on this game.

    ResponderEliminar